The European Commission of the Danube Palace is easily the most imposing building in the whole of Sulina.
It is a U shaped two storey edifice and was used as the headquarters of the European Commission of the Danube until 1921, when the offices of the Commission were relocated to Orsova.
The construction of the palace ended in 1868 and over the years, it housed several other local and national organisms that controlled the Sulina harbor, as well as the Sulina channel and the surrounding area.
The bombardments in the First World War affected the palace which was later rebuilt.
In the Second World War, this is where the German military High Command was housed. The building was set on fire and only the brick walls survived.
In time, the interior was slightly reorganized. Old pictures suggest acroteria on the frontal side of the building, lost long time ago.
The architecture of the building which reminds of that of a huge University, fits the neoclassical style, with a symmetrical composition.